She was undoubtedly one of the most inspirational and strongest women in rock and roll at the time of her death following an accidental overdose in The singer was placed, first as the leading lady of The Big Brother Holding Company and later in her own right as a solo artist, as the meeting point of subversive rock and roll and soulful sentiment.
She handled the songs of the decade with aplomb, in fact, she chewed them up and spat them out as Billboard entries. It is this embodiment of music, and soul, and power, and all the connecting tissue that surrounds matters of the heart, that allows us to see Joplin as, above all else, a human. Admittedly, a human able to create a masterful noise with her mouth, and a human capable of conveying the expression of sound, but a human nevertheless. The video below shows this powerful Pearl performance in all its glory. Remember Me.
A Piece of My Heart
Lost your password? Exhibitions Photography. Trending Now Week Month.
Didn't I make you feel like you were the only man yeah! And didn't I give you nearly everything that a woman possibly can?
A Piece of My Heart | CTX Live Theatre
Honey, you know I did! And each time I tell myself that I, well I think I've had enough, But I'm gonna show you, baby, that a woman can be tough.
- Review: ‘A Piece of My Heart’ at Bowie Community Theatre!
- Loose Women, Lecherous Men: A Feminist Philosophy of Sex;
- Janis Joplin:Piece Of My Heart Lyrics | LyricWiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia.
- Little Birds: 26 Handmade Projects to Sew, Stitch, Quilt & Love (Design Collective).
- Applied Statistics: A Handbook of Techniques.
I want you to come on, come on, come on, come on and take it, Take another little piece of my heart now, baby! Break another little bit of my heart now, darling, yeah, yeah, yeah.
- Inhuman Thoughts: Philosophical Explorations of Posthumanity;
- An Introduction to Meaning and Purpose in Analytical Psychology.
- A TREATISE ON The Great Art A SYSTEM OF PHYSICS ACCORDING TO HERMETIC PHILOSOPHY AND THEORY AND PRACTICE OF THE MAGISTERIUM.;
- How to Do Everything: Adobe Illustrator CS4!
- A Piece of My Heart!
- International Economic Disorder: Essays in North—South Relations!
Have another little piece of my heart now, baby, You know you got it if it makes you feel good, Oh, yes indeed. You're out on the streets looking good, And baby deep down in your heart I guess you know that it ain't right, Never, never, never, never, never, never hear me when I cry at night, Babe, I cry all the time! And each time I tell myself that I, well I can't stand the pain, But when you hold me in your arms, I'll sing it once again. I said come on, come on, come on, come on and take it!